Sunday, January 25, 2009

All My Dinners With Vince | By Aunt Becky














I really don't know where to start except in 1969 when I met a beautiful blond, blue-eyed little boy by the name of Vince. It was love at first sight and a love for his energy and love of food. I have never seen a child enjoy food as much as Vince did at his age. Vince at a very early age would devour his food with his face one inch from his plate so as not to miss a single morsel. To this day he eats the very same way.

Vince has grown into a wonderful husband and father and always thinks of his whole extended family when he comes home to Michigan. He always plans a huge get-together with family and old friends with lots of food, wine and Becks beer. I cannot really say which is my favorite meal with Vince because all of them are my favorite. I do look foward to the annual Stag Island family-friends weekend with Vince, Chris and Luca because we all know as a family Vince has planned a weekend of great food and conversation. This past summer we had a great time with the photos of the three Vinces in the family and reunion of all of Luca's cousins, who love him very much.

Vince, your Uncle V enjoyed good food as much as you do and would probably have some really funny anecdotes for this but all I can write is that for the last 40 years I have known you, you have always had a special place in my heart, even though your eating habits have given a mother or aunt a few moments of despair. I wish you a very Happy Birthday and look foward to many more dinners with you.

1 comment:

Stacey Fisher and Anja Suzanne said...

This really made me chuckle. I love to see a hungry man eat!